The Rouse vision of thriving, multicultural neighborhoods is fading without a convening structure in place that reflects and prioritizes the distinct needs, ambitions and values of Columbia residents and businesses today. As a result, our communities are growing less diverse and more divided, our amenities aren’t meeting our needs and our villages are failing.
The time has come for a return to the vision and ideals that built Columbia, for more accountable systems that shepherd our resources effectively and new leadership that reflects the diversity and values of our residents and businesses.
The significant investments we make in our shared quality of life through annual assessment fees paid to the Columbia Association should be invested in ways that reflect our values, strengthen our communities and serve the greater good. We believe a new approach is necessary to protect our investments, effectively promote our collective success and empower vibrant, diverse and economically robust villages across our City of Hope.
- Set the tone and be a leader on issues that align with our shared values.
- Create accountable systems that direct resources more responsibly and effectively.
- Ensure decisions are informed by the perspectives and experiences of diverse representatives of Columbia residents, businesses, organizations and institutions.
- Direct our collective wealth to meet the current realities, needs and aspirations of these times.
- Commit to investment in and revitalization of every village.
- Foster vibrant entertainment, art, culinary and cultural experiences that showcase the unique attributes of every village.
- Promote more effective partnership and collaboration with the County and other stakeholders to better leverage our resources.
- Facilitate transparent and inclusive processes that promote awareness of and engagement with CA priorities and work.
THE ROUSE PROJECT STEERING COMMITTEE
- Victor Broccolino
- Brad Canfield
- George Carroll
- Regina Clay
- Larry Cohen
- Rev. Paige Getty
- Dr. C. Vernon Gray
- Jamison Hibbard
- Sherman Howell
- Jessica Mahajan
- David Nitkin
- Toby & Hal Orenstein
- Jean Parker
- Wendy Slaughter
- Sabina Taj
- Frank Turner
- Ken Ulman
- Kim Watters